A woman's been fined £800 and banned from the roads for a year after leading police on a 70mph chase through Douglas.
Rebecca Elizabeth Varey of Heather Crescent in Pulrose admitted failing to stop for police and dangerous driving when she appeared before magistrates at Douglas Courthouse.
Prosecutor James Robinson told the hearing police chased her from Springfield Road in Pulrose to Strang Close on November 4 last year, but gave up the chase because of the risk to the public after Varey turned off her headlights and took corners at high speed.
She later told officers she had to deliver a magnet to her niece to prevent an epileptic fit but panicked and sped up instead of stopping and asking officers for assistance.
As well as her fine and ban, magistrates also ordered the self-employed 32 year old to pay £50 costs.
Mountain Road closed due to snowfall
Yellow weather warning for snow and ice
Local authority homes could be improved
Questions about waiting times for stomach procedures
Planned changes to employment laws to be read in Keys
Peel's up next for Christmas lights!
Replacing care home may take years
Liverpool ferries resume as delayed terminal works finish